Dosso Beauty is an e-commerce organic beauty supplier, retailer, wholesaler and private labeler. We provide access to scalp friendly Pre-Stretched Hypoallergenic Braiding Hair that alleviates scalp irritation, avoid cancerous chemicals and provides comfortable hair styles unlike our competitors. Due to the fact that people around the world style their hair in braids for the culture, protective styling, as an artform and so much more, we have had the pleasure of servicing customers throughout the United States, Canada, Andorra, Belize, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland and Japan. Our Average Order Value currently resides at $44.86, with a total of ~550 Sales in 2021 (E-commerce). In addition to our direct e-commerce sales, we recently acquired retail placement on Walmart.com and Amazon.com which has helped to increase our revenue projections to yield a gross revenue of ~$214,000 in 2021.
Our team is currently comprised of all persons who identify as Black Women and most of which are HBCU graduates. The key roles on our team are; CEO/Founder (Kadidja Dosso), Executive Assistance (Oshae Moore), Andrea Fernandes (Publicist), Social Media Manager (Kyra Wiggins) and Graphic Designer (Olyvia Fabre). Our unique experiences and backgrounds has helped us to build a strong team that supports one another and provide various perspectives from various lenses of a Black Woman’s experience as we are our target consumer.
– Launched 5 different products on GoPuff Platform across 172 locations in the US
– Partnered with Aya Paper Co, a Black owned greeting card company by donating 50 self affirmation cards to Lutheran Settlement House; a Domestic Violence resource center
– Launched Black Hair Reimagined billboard campaign
– Celebrated 4 years in business
– Accepted into the Black Girl Venture Ulta Beauty Crowdfunding Pitch Competition
– Launched The Braid Corner initiative where we allow for our consumers to find
– Attended the Personalized Beauty Summit in San Francisco
– Vendor at the Black Beauty Expo in Philadelphia
– Founders First Grant Program recipient
– Comcast RISE program recipient
– Enrolled in 8 week course with New Voices Fund/Babson College
– Launched Kids Hair Care Line
– Donated $2K+ to Family Forward Homeless Shelter
– Accepted into GoPuff x Chris Paul’s ‘Put Me On’ Incubator Program